Monday, November 8, 2010

Digital Imaging

At Adult Dentistry of Rochester, we feature some of the most advanced equipment and procedures available.  Our intra-oral digital cameras produce high-resolution images of your teeth and gums for a more thorough evaluation to better help Dr. Dulski devise appropriate treatment.  The biggest hurdle for patients to accept treatment is that they do not understand their condition.  With our intra-oral digital cameras, patient education is simplified by being able to help patients see what Dr. Dulski sees.

Digital imaging has also revolutionized the making of dental X-ray imagesX-rays have long been used to detect dental cavities and damage below the gum invisible to the eye.  The difficulty has been reading the negative image produced on conventional dental film.  Adult Dentistry of Rochester uses a Computed Dental Radiography System which captures the image utilizing a digital sensor and displays the image on a computer screen.  The digital image is instantaneous and can be magnified and enhanced for improved diagnostics and patient education.  This new system requires 90% less radiation than the old film X-rays, and can magnify the image up to 300 times.  Now it's as easy as reading a photograph.  When Dr. Dulski discusses something that he sees in your mouth, you'll be able to view it right along with him.

Finally,  Adult Dentistry of Rochester couples these images with our digital patient education system that displays a menu of video presentations that gives you valuable information on today's latest dental techniques to correct any dental problem.  It's 21st-Century dental care that revolves around you and it's available at Adult Dentistry of Rochester.  To learn more about this advanced technology, visit http://www.dulski.com/dental-technology.html.

Tags: Digital Dental X-raysIntra-oral Camera

2 comments:

  1. I love all the new technology they use in their office. They was able to show me a picture on the monitor of how I was not flossing that good on my lower teeth. By showing me this now I spend more time making sure I'm flossing using the "c" shape technique. What a ugly but very helpful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digital imaging is more comfortable then the old traditional x-rays. I like seeing my pictures immediately and I understood my dental needs when Dr. Dulski reviewed my x-rays with me.

    ReplyDelete